Glasgow's Women Library
Stratis supplied Shadbolt doors and frames painted Jet Black and Mouse Grey to this multi-award winning project by Collective Architecture.
"The library, built in 1903, is one of seven “Carnegie” libraries donated to the city. A local landmark, the building is grand in appearance with feature bays, intricate ornamentation and beautifully carved statues.
Glasgow Women’s Library provides a major resource for the City of Glasgow, Scotland and beyond. Their reputation extends nationally with a growing membership and volunteer team. The archive collection has steadily expanded, with items on display for public view and has gained growing importance through its accredited museum status. The library, refurbished for the Glasgow Women’s Library, now caters for an organisation with a national reputation, and provides accommodation which is capable of hosting major events, screenings, talks, exhibitions, as well as offering support services for people across Glasgow.
(Photos: Collective Architecture)